This dish makes for a tasty bowl of comfort food that is surprisingly low in calories. It takes just half an hour to make and uses up ingredients that you’ll likely have in the kitchen or are easy enough to get a hold of. Brought to us by the ‘Potatoes: More than a bit on the side’ campaign, enjoy!
• 350g New Potatoes, roughly cubed
• 150 cooking chorizo, cut into 1cm cubes
• 100ml red wine
• 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
• 1 white onion, medium, sliced
• 1 garlic, crushed
• 1 red chilli, sliced
• 2-3tsp chilli flakes
• Salt and pepper
• 2tbsp olive oil
1. Boil the potatoes for 6-8 minutes until softening. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Fry the chorizo in a sauté pan until starting to crisp then add the potatoes. Cook until golden, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Sauté the onion and garlic, add the wine and reduce. Add the chilli flakes and stir.
4. Add the tomatoes, cook for fifteen minutes on a gentle heat. Pour over the potatoes and chorizo and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
For more recipes, see www.potato.ie.
Inform | Inspire | Indulge