We are delighted to launch our second Irish Made by Irish Country Magazine Awards. Ireland is renowned for its talented designers, makers and craftspeople, and we want to champion the businesses that are producing their products here.
When we feature an Irish Made item on the pages of the magazine, we highlight its origins with a little green stamp. We wanted to grow that message even further with an award ceremony that promotes innovative Irish craft and design.
With a panel of expert judges and an incredible prize package including advertising and mentorship worth over €5,000. We can’t wait to meet, support and promote even more Irish makers over the coming months.
Irish Made by Irish Country Magazine – what it’s all about:
• Highlighting the best Irish made products and meeting with key makers in industries like fashion, crafts, food, technology and beauty.
• We want to acknowledge and build a platform for the Irish companies who are part of the creative and entrepreneurial culture that Ireland has now become known for. From one sole trader working in their studio to the SME exporting internationally, if you are Irish Made, we want to hear from you.
• Developed from the Irish Made stamp, which feature in the magazine and won the Innovation Award at the Irish Magazine Awards 2016.
• The awards are open to businesses in the following categories: Fashion, Accessories, Jewellery, Textiles, Furniture, Home, Gift, Beauty and Food & Drink.
• Entries are now open and the shortlist will be decided by our expert judging panel. Closing date 18 June.
• Voting with take place on Irish Country Magazine from June to August. Then, the nine honourees and one overall winner will be announced in our October issue.
Meet the judges
Brian McGee, Design and Crafts Council of Ireland
Eddie Shanahan, Retail Consultant & Chairperson of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers
Ruth O’Connor, Fashion Writer and Lecturer
Ross Golden Bannon, Food Writer and Advocate
Klara Heron, Acting Editor Irish County Magazine
Tara McCarthy, CEO Bord Bia
Roisin Lafferty, MD Kingston Lafferty Design
How to enter the Irish Made Awards:
• To enter the competition you must submit a ‘pitch’ about why your company/product should be shortlisted, by 18 June, 2018.
• The pitch must be no more than 300 words and please include two high resolution images.
• Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The shortlist will be chosen by a judging panel, the decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Companies nominated may be required to submit further details as part of the judges’ consideration of their nomination.
• The winner and honourees in each category will be chosen by public vote.
• No pitch which could, in the promoters view, be considered to be offensive, defamatory or plagiarised will be accepted or entered.
Terms & Conditions: No pitch which could, in the promoter’s view, be considered to be offensive, defamatory or plagiarised will be accepted or entered. The honourees will be chosen by a judging panel, the decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Companies nominated may be required to submit further details as part of the judge’s consideration of their nomination. This may include a site visit.
Inform | Inspire | Indulge