We are thrilled to announce our very first Irish Made by Irish Country Magazine Awards. With so many talented designers, makers and craftspeople in Ireland we want to champion the businesses that are producing their products here.
Off the back of winning the Innovation award for our Irish Made stamp, the little green stamp that accompanies every Irish Made item on the pages of the magazine, we wanted to grow that message even further with an award ceremony that promotes innovative Irish craft and design.
With a panel of expert judges and an incredible prize worth €10,000 to be won, we can’t wait to meet, support and promote even more Irish makers over the coming months.
Irish Made by Irish Country Magazine – what it’s all about:
• Highlighting the best Irish made products and meeting with key makers in industries like fashion, crafts, food, technology and beauty.
• We want to acknowledge and build a platform for the Irish companies who are part of the creative and entrepreneurial culture that Ireland has now become known for. From one sole trader working in their studio to the SME exporting internationally, if you are Irish Made, we want to hear from you.
• Developed from the Irish Made stamp, which feature in the magazine and won the Innovation Award at the Irish Magazine Awards 2016.
• The awards are open to businesses in the following categories: Fashion, Accessories, Jewellery, Textiles, Furniture, Home, Gift, Beauty, Tech and Food & Drink.
• Entries open in March, with the shortlist – decided by our expert judging panel - announced in June. Voting with take place on www.irishcountrymagazine.ie from June to August. Then, the ten honourees and one overall winner will be announced in our October issue.
• Following the competition, our winner, honourees and Irish Country Magazine readers will join us at an event on all things Irish Made. Listening to talks from Ireland’s best known designers, makers and producers, hearing their success stories, gaining advice and discussing their chosen industries.
What you’ll win:
The 10 category winners will feature in will feature in a special issue of Irish Country Magazine in September and the overall winner will receive an advertising package from Irish Country Magazine worth €5,000 and a membership and mentorship prize from Guaranteed Irish worth €5,000.
How to enter the Irish Made Awards:
• To enter the competition you must submit a ‘pitch’ about why your company/product should be shortlisted, by May 28th, 2017.
• The pitch must be no more than 300 words and please include two high resolution images.
• Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The shortlist will be chosen by a judging panel, the decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Companies nominated may be required to submit further details as part of the judges’ consideration of their nomination.
• The winner and honourees in each category will be chosen by public vote.
• No pitch which could, in the promoters view, be considered to be offensive, defamatory or plagiarised will be accepted or entered.
Inform | Inspire | Indulge